Nova Scotia Physiotherapy Association
PO Box 33013
Halifax NS, B3L 4T6
Casual/part time job opportunity:
The Nova Scotia Physiotherapy Association is seeking an administrative assistant to fill a casual position with our association. This is a contract position offering 240 hours per year (approximately 20 hours per month, however, workload will vary month to month) at a rate of $21.00/hour.
Description of Duties may include, but is not limited to:
- Respond to emails – cc’ing Executive Director
- File emails and electronic documents
- Assist in preparation for meetings (room bookings, assist with preparation of meeting documents)
- Attend Annual General Meeting (AGM)/Board/Executive meetings and prepare minutes
- Assist in organizing AGM – coordinating with host venue etc…
- Maintain the member database district lists
- Proofread and format documents as necessary
- Make changes as necessary to job advertisements and clinic information under “Find a Physio”
- Update website content
- Maintain website user list and assist with administration of authorizations
9. E-blasts (via MailChimp)
- Prepare and send e-blasts to membership every 4 -6 weeks (Course and Job listings, quarterly newsletters etc…)10.Provide staff support at committee meetings, when needed
10. Provide support to members
11. Maintain confidentiality when handling personal/sensitive information.
Ideally, we are seeking an individual who has:
- Post-secondary education (graduate of a recognized business school or equivalent work experience).
- At least two years experience working in an office setting.
- Organized, accurate, and able to attend to detail.
- Able to record minutes of meetings.
- Able to work flexible hours, including some Saturdays.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Previous experience with website content management is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Able to work independently with little supervision in an unstructured environment.
The individual must live in or around HRM and be able to work from their home office. The position involves minimal travel outside of HRM for meetings. The individual must be available for evening meetings (minimum of 10/year) and weekend days (minimum of 2/year).
Does the flexibility of this job match with your skills? If so, send a cover letter/resume to email@example.com by September 28th, 2017. No phone calls please. Only qualified applicants will be considered for an interview.
Contact Name: Patricia Connors
Application Deadline: September 28, 2017